Thursday, June 19, 2014

#MIHBlog - Brent Archer - Exclusive Author Intro and Interview




Welcome Muse It Hot Readers ;) We are introducing our Muse It Hot authors and also asking a couple interview questions that might be fun to know about them. We’ll be sharing our MIH authors with you as often as we can…promise.

So, for today - please put your hands together for Muse It Hot Author, Brent Archer, who has written an erotic post WWIII romance tale for the Wild Darkness Calls themed call-out. An intriguing M/M love story – tagline: Shawn Templeton stumbles into Mark Jennings’ life. Can their budding romance survive in the wilds of Post WWIII Montana?  Check out Brent’s upcoming release for fall 2014 – Halfway Out of the Dark.  Let’s hear more about Brent…




Please tell our readers a little about yourself – 5 things most people don’t know about you; )

I grew up in Spokane, Washington, and left for university in Seattle at 18 to study Oceanography. I still graduated in four years, though with an International Studies degree specializing in former Yugoslavia with a history minor.

Then I worked as an actor, dancer, and accountant until I turned 38, when my cousins encouraged me to write. Half of my first cousins on my mother’s side of the family write romance and erotica, so it seemed natural for me to continue in the “family business.”

The first story I wrote and sent for consideration to a publisher got published.

My grandfather was the most incredible and inspiring person I’ve ever met, not letting blindness stop him from learning and achieving all his life. He taught me I could do anything I set my mind to.

I’ve traveled to four continents, and my goal before I die is to set foot on all seven.


Tell us about the genres you write and what or who inspired you to write it.

I love to write with travel in mind. I have a hunger to discover new places, and observe the people in those new places to find stories. Growing up on authors like Clive Cussler and Madeleine L’Engle, I’m inspired to write suspense and intrigue, and stories with strong family elements mixed with some adventure, and, of course, lots of hot sex!


What’s your favorite movie? Why?

This is a difficult question for me as I don’t see a lot of movies. The Lord of the Rings movies are some of my favorites, but then, I also love Letters to Juliet. I need a good story instead of a lot of special effects, and it seems a lot of movies these days are all about the CGI and how big the explosions can be.

What’s your favorite TV series? Why?

Doctor Who. I’ve been addicted since I was 8 years old, and love the continuing story lines and limitless possibilities that time and space travel offer for a good story.


Where would you like to go for a week with a group of friends and why?

I want to go to the Sidney Writer’s Festival in Sidney, Australia. I have a group of writers I’m tight with that are aching to go, and we think five crazy American romance writers Down Under would be a great inspiration for a story!


Tell us a few ways ideas have come to you.

I observe people and places, often wondering who someone is and what brought them there. I look at what they are carrying, their expressions, and the purpose of their walk. Sometimes places have stories locked inside them, and I get a sense of the scenes hidden from plain sight. Inspiration comes in the strangest of places sometimes, and I have to hurry to a computer or a notebook to write down the buds of the story before they blow away like the seeds of a dandelion.


Favorite Holiday?

Christmas. Hands down. Like my story, the Christmas season is halfway out of the dark of winter.


Favorite Male Movie star?

Benedict Cumberbatch


Favorite Female Movie star?

Vanessa Redgrave


Favorite author you read as a kid?

Madeleine L’Engle. I devoured her books as a young teen, and still go back to her on occasion. I also loved Clive Cussler for the adventure. That’s where the interest in Oceanography came from.


What’s your favorite thing about writing?  Least favorite?

I love getting lost in a good story and seeing where the characters take me. Many times I don’t have an outline, but just an initial idea. The least favorite part is the waiting to see whether or not a story is going to make it out into the world.





What’s your burning question for your readers?

What stories to you want to see? Is there a favorite place of yours I should visit and get inspiration to write a story?


List your links (website, FB, Twitter, Blog, etc.)

Brent Archer on Facebook
Twitter - @brentarcherwrit


Many of my current stories will be available in anthologies through Cleis Press in the summer and fall.











Halfway Out of the Dark

By Brent Archer

Release scheduled Fall 2014

Humanity decimated itself in a global war with over six billion dead. The survivors mostly gather into gleaming megacities. Mark Jennings chooses to stay away from the jungle of metal and glass, and instead lives a life of farming in a rustic cabin outside the ruins of Billings.
One dark, snowy, December night, Shawn Templeton, lost and freezing, stumbles into Mark’s life. The two men have a passionate few days, but Shawn decides to continue on his journey. He pleads with Mark to look him up in New Bismarck when he comes to trade his crops.
At the end of the following summer, Mark takes his produce to the megacity. He decides to look Shawn up, but when he goes to visit, Shawn’s young roommate, wrapped only in a towel, answers the door.
Heartbroken, Mark returns to his cabin, but winter has a surprise for him as he trudges home through the snow with his Christmas tree.






SPECIAL NOTE: If you like this post, please consider spreading and sharing through your favorite social networkJ


1 comment:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hello Brent: )

I love any genre of erotic romance...I like rustic locations, just like your story - no matter if it's sci-fi, paranormal, fantasy, or contemporary...I love nature-type heroes and heroines: ) OR in this case - heroes and heroes:)

There are a lot of rustic type places full of natural wonder in every state of the U.S. My hope is to visit more of those type places - and like you mention, maybe get inspired: )

Thanks for sharing.