Monday, March 3, 2014

#MIHBlog - Thomas Briar - Exclusive Author Intro and Interview


Welcome Muse It Hot Readers ;) We are introducing our Muse It Hot authors and also asking a couple interview questions that might be fun to know about them. We’ll be sharing our MIH authors with you as often as we can…promise.

So, for today - please put your hands together for Muse It Hot Author, Thomas Briar, an erotic historical romance author who has written a  story that gives the hysterical side in women of the past with his current release – In the Age of Hysteria : ) Excellent story…excellent author – let’s hear more about Thomas…


Please tell our readers a little about yourself – 5 things most people don’t know about you ; )

I watch music videos every morning.

I love the beach.

I grew up with five brothers and one sister.

I don't have any children.

I believe that every day is a new beginning.  


Tell us about the genres you write and what or who inspired you to write it.

Erotica & Erotic Romance – just thought I could do good writing in both genres.




What’s your favorite movie? Why?

Titanic. It's a classic love story.


What’s your favorite TV series? Why?

Game of Thrones. It's absolute genius!




Where would you like to go for a week with a group of friends and why?

The Florida Keys. What's not to like about sun, salt water, and friends?  


Tell us a few ways ideas have come to you.

I always see my hero or heroine in some sort of physical situation which always makes me ask: now what in the world are you up to? The story evolves from that simple question.




Favorite Holiday?

I like Halloween. 
  

Favorite Male Movie star?

Probably Tom Hanks – I really admired the character he played in Castaway.


Favorite Female Movie star?

Kate Winslet – she's a consummate professional. 


Favorite author you read as a kid?

Jack London. The Sea Wolf blew my mind.


What’s your favorite thing about writing?  Least favorite?

My absolute favorite is the editorial process. I always learn something that improves my writing. My least favorite is running into a brick wall in the writing and not being able to punch through it. Those days are the worst!





What’s your burning question for your readers?

What price do you think you should pay for a good short story, novella, and novel?






In the Age of Hysteria

Dr. Joseph Brenner, a twenty-two year old graduate of medical college, has a natural gift for treating hysteria, circa 1878. The only problem is none of his peers in Boston, Massachusetts will offer him an assistantship due to a supposed moral indiscretion on his part. Without obtaining an assistantship he cannot enter the medical field to build a reputation as a competent doctor. Or, so he believes.

The beautiful and affluent Ms. Mary Pyre, a twenty-six year old businesswoman, has heard whispers of Joseph's proficiency in treating the disease. She seeks Joseph out and hires him as the attending physician at her Women's Health and Revitalizing Spa. Though Joseph and Mary are attracted to each other, unfortunate circumstances make them keep their romantic feelings for one another at arm's length. It is only when he learns she needs his expertise to overcome her chronic sexual impotence toward men that their relationship has an opportunity to move forward.




Muse It Hot – New Store: https://museituppublishing.com/eroticab/

SPECIAL NOTE: If you like this post, please consider spreading and sharing through your favorite social networkJ


2 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Good Morning Thomas;) I had the honor of reading your book In the Age of Hysteria...and absolutely loved it! Bravo;) So...do you have something else in the works? Curious minds want to get prepared:)

Your question regarding price for books...I'm stingy, don't like to pay a lot, but if the story grips me...the blurb - I know what I like to read and have paid up to $8.00 (but that's a rare occasion or I'd be broke and husbandless) *grins*

Thanks so much for your intro, Thomas...love learning about my author friends:)

Thomas Briar said...

Hello, Kay Dee. Thanks for having me over on the MIHBlog and for the very kinds words about my book.

So...$8.00 is your magical number. Very interesting. My wife refuses to pay over $10.00. I'd say it $7.00 for myself.

As to what I have in the works - I'm starting a brand new short story this morning. So please send good thoughts my way. Because within an hour or so from now, I'll probably be staring at the words I'll have written in exasperation and a little contempt. Yeah, writing is a process. But, if I didn't love it, then I wouldn't do it.

Thanks again for having me over!