Wednesday, February 19, 2014

#MIHBlog - Kay Dee Royal - Exclusive Author Intro and Interview



Welcome Muse It Hot Readers ;) We are introducing our Muse It Hot authors and also asking a couple interview questions that might be fun to know about them. We’ll be sharing our MIH authors with you as often as we can…promise.

So, for today - please put your hands together for Muse It Hot Author, Kay Dee Royal, one of our paranormal erotic romance authors, who writes more toward the dark, sizzling sinister side of erotic romance – enjoy;)


Please tell our readers a little about yourself – 5 things most people don’t know about you; )

I used to fish local fishing tournaments with my husband or father (and sometimes we won:)

I love to knit or crochet easy stuff, like afghans or scarves (it’s therapeutic)

I love hunting for morel mushrooms in the spring (love hiking in the woods)

I love the editing process – it helps make my story stronger

I have two feline companions – sister & brother – Izzy and Crocks




Tell us about the genres you write and what or who inspired you to write it.

From early childhood, I’ve always been a fantasy/sci-fi geek, and when the terminology changed to ‘paranormal’…well, that described exactly what I wanted to write because it was everything I loved to read. Shifters, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, witches, demons, angels…all of those amazing characters could become a story-star in my stories.

Kate Douglas (amazing author of paranormal erotic romance) turned me toward the erotic romance side of paranormal. Love her strong style and her character’s strong voices...oneday I’m going to meet Kate ; )


What’s your favorite movie? Why?

I didn’t really have a favorite – I watched Double Creature Feature (this is really dating me) and went crazy for all the special effects that made the movies bigger than life :) Then I went crazy for all of the Indiana Jones movies, The Mummy series of movies (newer version with Brandon Frazier), and the kid-side of me enjoys the Percy Jackson movies (I love Greek Gods).


What’s your favorite TV series? Why?

Wow, I have a number of favorites – Vampire Diaries (but I no longer get CW station, which bites because a lot of great paranormal series air on that station), Teen Wolf, Being Human, Almost Human, (I don’t get True Blood or I’d be watching that one too), Bitten, Supernatural (I love Sam and Dean), and Grimm – the special effects, the vampires, werewolves…all food for fodder in my writing. If it’s a paranormal or supernatural series – I’m in…gotta watch it; ) 

Thank goodness we can tape these series and watch them at our convenience – or I’d be watching TV all the time!




Where would you like to go for a week with a group of friends and why?

I have a wonderful place I go for retreat…and it usually turns into a writer’s retreat (and I have taken some writer friends with me). It’s a spiritual place in Southwest Michigan (not attached to any religion)…sort of out in the sticks and the energy there is amazingly tranquil and serene. Wildlife galore abounds and the backdrop of the area takes my breath away, especially in the winter. It’s the perfect get-away for recharging, and sharing it with friends makes it all the greater.


Tell us a few ways ideas have come to you.

Observing – open to every possibility, like while driving I notice a box beside the road…my mind takes off – it could very well be Pandora’s box *grins* no telling what’s inside, but what if a person were to stop and pick it up…take it home and unleash the Kraken, or a Demon, or an Angel, or a baby something…

Also watching my favorite series gives me ideas…or reading books, articles, etc.


Favorite Holiday?

I like the spirit of heart that comes with any holiday, but I’m not big into the commercializing of it – so don’t fall into the buying and giving of ‘things.’ When I was younger, it was sort of programmed into me to follow the crowd…now I sort of do my own thing – I’d rather spend time with loved ones (time seems more of a gift to me than anything money can buy;)


Favorite Male Movie star?

Hugh Jackman J Excellent Wolfman


Favorite Female Movie star?

Kate Beckinsale – she kicks butt in Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman)J


Favorite author you read as a kid?

C.S. Lewis, Jules Verne, Madeleine L’ Engle – I loved anything sci-fi or fantasy (as I still do) :)


What’s your favorite thing about writing?  Least favorite?

Favorite: Giving the pen over to the story-stars and discovering their story as it unfolds…what a rushJ

Not so Favorite: The pressure I put on myself for each writing project…it takes the fun out of it until I finally catch myself in the act and take action—shake it off, kick it to the curb, and get rolling again; )




What’s your burning question for your readers?

What’s your favorite trait in a story hero and/or heroine?


List your links (website, FB, Twitter, Blog, etc.)







Savage Smoke – Book 2 Lycan International Investigation Series

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance

Sizzling HOT! Warning: Lots of two-somes, three-somes, even more-somes, like it stimulating, arousing, and positively natural…or supernatural.

Tagline: Will Trevor rescue Lindsey in time to save her from shifting into Smoke’s pack, and will she even want saved?

Blurb:

Chance and his LIIA pack of agents search for rogue Lycan mastermind, Smoke, kidnapper of Lindsey and fifteen other human women he plans to use for procreating his own army.

Trevor, Chance’s right-hand Lycan, wants his mate back. Lindsey loves Trevor and believes he’s given up on her.

Will Trevor rescue Lindsey in time to save her from shifting into Smoke’s pack, and will she even want saved?





Staring Into the Eyes of Chance – Book 1 Lycan International Investigation Series

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance

Sizzling HOT! Warning: Wild and lust-filled love scenes, extra stimulating, arousing, and positively natural…or supernatural.

Tagline: Olivia swears off men until she meets Chance, a Lycan alpha. He ignites an undeniable hunger they can only sate together.

Blurb:

Olivia endures a thirty-four year passionless marriage, discovering her dead husband’s philandering history at his funeral. She devotes her energy and life-long sensitivity with animals to her wildlife refuge and preserve.

Chance, a Lycan alpha and leader of the Lycan International Investigation Agency (LIIA) throws himself into his investigations. He chooses to neglect his duty of finding a primal-mate after watching his father become an empty shell over the loss of his.

A murderous rogue pack draws Chance onto Olivia’s wildlife preserve, sending Olivia’s animal sensitivities into overdrive. Chance and Olivia discover a sizzling force driving them together.

Will they succumb to its enticing tether, or fight to resume their loveless lives apart?


SPECIAL NOTE: If you like this post, please consider spreading and sharing through your favorite social networkJ


11 comments:

Meg Amor said...

Aloha.

Love these interviews Kay Dee. Such fun. I also love the editing process. It's enjoyable for me. I have a hunk of story and I watch it get cut down into sparkling facets by the editing process. Hopefully producing a gem. Love it. :-). Ha. No wonder you asked me to change my character to Izzy. :-). But it works well

I love the sound of that retreat. It sounds perfect. I also like the things you write about. Very interesting and intriguing. Loved this interview. Thanks!!

Aloha Meg Amor.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Meg;) Thank you for stopping in...you are getting one of these intro forms - you need to strut your stuff woman:)

So glad you're part of the MIH family - Hugs!

Leona~Author said...

Hi Kay Dee, I enjoyed your interview. Although I write tame mainstream romance, I still enjoy many other genres.

The blurb definitely made me want to read your book.

Best wishes,

Leona

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Leona - thanks so much for stopping by and for checking out the blurbs of my books...they are very sexy;) I'm happy to hear the blurb compels you to read about my story-stars;) Hugs!

Alix Richards said...

New things I didn't know about you Kay Dee! Interesting. :-) Loved the interview and yes I know, I'm behind on getting mine to you. I have it, honest.

There are AWESOME places all over Michigan with that same sort of energy. As a teen I'd hike around Lake Superior and sit on a hidden beach. Would love to take friends up there to a A-frame house. That hidden beach isn't there, it's changed with the drop of water levels. But with the ice ya'll have, maybe it'll come back? Who knows.

BTW, LOVE your books. I'm still reading one. :-)

Meg Amor said...

Aloha Kay Dee. :-). Thanks. I got the form. Trying to think of interesting things to say. Lol.

Thanks. I love being with Muse too. I think I lucked out in a big way. :-). Nearly got Henry and Isoldes word count into line. So hearing myself up for another submission. :-)

Hugs to you. Aloha Meg. :-)

LA Cloutier said...

I enjoyed learning more about you Kay Dee. I love hunting for morals too. Best tasting mushroom there is in my opinion. Michigan has a lot of them.

You're the first author I've met that says they 'like' the editing process of producing a book. That's when I normally start pulling my hair out, asking myself how I'm going to fix something. LOL.

My favorite trait in a Hero is his compassion. Heroine's ... I like them feisty and full of spunk.

The Lycan International Investigation series sounds very compelling and packed full of action. I'll be taking a further look into your imagination, Miss Royal! Trevor sounds like my kind of Hero!

Kay Dee Royal said...

Alix - I'm so glad you stopped in;) I love Lake Superior...cold, cold, cold...but on a really hot day, well it's amazing. Plus the agates up there are beautiful...definitely full of good energy:) Yes...get that introduction to me...people are wanting to meet MIH's Alix Richards:)

Meg - I'm so happy to hear you're geared up and working on another...if it's for the Wild Darkness Calls - Susan's ready:) As part of MIH, I'm so excited you've joined the hot-side of romance here:) You've got excellent stories:)

LA - hello and welcome;) Morals are the best tasting 'roon:) As far as editing - I have amazing beta readers and the best editors...and watching my story tighten and gain strength - well, it's sort of like evolution *LOL*
You've got excellent taste in heroes and heroines - good traits.

As far as LIIA series - be prepared for a very sexy read...not for the light of heart when it comes to sexual scenes:) I didn't really have control of my pen through most of it *grins*


Meg Amor said...

Aloha Kay Dee :-)

God! Thank you! :-) That's made my night. It's not for the Wild Darkness Calls... :-( but hoping to get Susan as an editor anyway. Love working with Susan! :-)

This is the trilogy I've been working on with Henry, Izzy and Charlie. I had to take the chain saw to my word count on Book 1 and managed to chop out 66,000 words to get it down to 110,000 for Muse's W/C limit. LOL. So... fingers xxxx.

I do so love that statement of yours - 'be prepared for a very sexy read...not for the light of heart when it comes to sexual scenes:)' Sound fabulous. I have to read it soon!

Thanks so much and aloha Meg :-)

Kay Dee Royal said...

Meg - I've got some insight into Izzy, Henry, and Charlie - can't wait until that story comes through:) It's wonderful to have you here, Meg.

Meg Amor said...

Aloha Kay Dee :-)

Ohh, thank you!! :-) I love being here too.

And thanks on Izzy, Henry and Charlie... :-) It's so exciting! Okay, off to edit out a few more words that I REALLY don't need. LOL.

Thanks and aloha Meg :-)