Friday, February 21, 2014

#MIHBlog - J.T. Seate - Exclusive Author Intro and Interview


Welcome Muse It Hot Readers ;) We are introducing our Muse It Hot authors and asking a couple interview questions that might be fun to know about them. We’ll be sharing our MIH authors with you as often as we can…promise.

So, for today - please put your hands together for Muse It Hot Author, J.T. Seate, one of our contemporary erotic suspense romance authors, whose story Dark Sanctuary, one of the Wild Darkness Calls themed stories – will be releasing in the Spring 2014 – can’t wait;) Naughty but Nice...




Please tell our readers a little about yourself – 5 things most people don’t know about you; )

I was born in Hollywood, California, but grew up in Ft. Worth, Texas where I began my fling in a number of artistic endeavors.

I’ve been a guitarist in a band, sold artwork and freelanced for various photo publications.

After graduating from Texas Christian University, a lifetime love of travel began. Combining that desire with a passion for photography, I sold photos to travel companies and sports magazines.

All of these endeavors were fun, but I made a living working as an investigator and a part-time tour guide.

Writing is my current passion.


Tell us about the genres you write and what or who inspired you to write it.

Life inspires me to write everything from humor to the erotic to the macabre, and I’m especially keen on stories that transcend genre pigeonholing. Steven King is probably my biggest influence as I enjoy the mysterious and macabre, although sweet memoirs and redemptive tales come along now and then to maintain a balance. Even with sex and violence, there is always redemption in the end of one kind or another, has to be.




What’s your favorite movie? Why?

There are so many, but I’ll hold it to a couple. 1980’s schmaltzy “Somewhere in Time” with the late Christopher Reeve struck a chord with its romantic pulse tied in the paranormal. Also, “Sling Blade” did a wonderful job of illustrating the power of love, disharmony, and regret.


What’s your favorite TV series? Why?

Currently, “The Walking Dead.” Yeah, it’s extreme, but there is love and tenderness to be found, as I don’t usually go for the zombie or gore productions. 




Where would you like to go for a week with a group of friends and why?

How about a semi-deserted island where the water is turquoise and bathing suits are optional. Why? For story ideas. What else? Ha ha.


Tell us a few ways ideas have come to you.

Surprisingly, I get most of my ideas from overheard snippets of conversation. A shared experience or a joke, after marinating in my noggin, often turns into something much more.




Favorite Holiday?

It’s a Halloween/Valentines split.


Favorite Male Movie star?

Johnny Depp


Favorite Female Movie star?

Juliet Lewis


Favorite author you read as a kid?

Harper Lee and Shirley Jackson


What’s your favorite thing about writing?  Least favorite?

Favorite: Turning words into people and places. Make-believe can be a great healer. Sometimes it can even save us. I like to think of fiction as a mirror version of reality set to a greater or lesser degree of distortion depending on what genre a story is cast. I’ve been fortunate enough to have a few book signings and there is nothing quite like seeing the person who is taking part of you home. But sales on the internet is darn good too.

Least: There is little downside other than the occasional writer’s block.





What’s your burning question for your readers?

I want to move you, jolt you with my stories. In short, give you part of myself to ponder through my characters, so tell me what you want?


List your links (website, FB, Twitter, Blog, etc.)

www.troyseateauthor.webs.com  and on amazon.com.
Facebook author page and Twitter account: J. T. Seate.
Four novellas currently available at www.museituppublishing.com





Wild Darkness Calls – themed story:

Dark Sanctuary
By J.T. Seate

Blurb:

The forbidden desire to be with a stranger can be powerful. In this tale of strange bedfellows; one above ground, one beneath it, a homeless man has sunk about as low as he can go before seeking refuge beneath the living quarters of a single woman’s suburban home. Following days then weeks in this sanctuary, he forms a strange relationship with his benefactor.

Dreams of better times fills the man’s nights as he listens to the woman move around her house and wonders, What if…?

Their separate paths collide when a challenge comes along, greater than any threat they present to each other.

Will the situation prove the salvation of both as they seek to break out of their personal unique, lonely worlds?


Be Ready - Coming to you – Spring 2014

Muse It Hot – New Store: https://museituppublishing.com/eroticab/

SPECIAL NOTE: If you like this post, please consider spreading and sharing through your favorite social network J


3 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

I'd forgotten about Somewhere in Time - that was my favorite movie for many years;)

So you were an investigator - WOW, all the cool info that comes from that kind of a career...great stuff for fiction.

So - your burning question - I want to be jolted...but I still want the hero and heroine to end up together for a satisfying ending;) I like twisty story threads that lead me to unexpected places (emotionally) and then suddenly reel me back for another turn:)

Thanks for sharing yourself, J.T. It's really nice to get to know you.

Author Troy Seate said...

Thanks,KD.I think this upcoming tale will fill the bill.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Yep...you're correct on that one, J.T....having had an exclusive look at this upcoming story - it does fit the bill:) To perfection;)