Wednesday, October 16, 2013

#MIHBlog Post by Thomas Briar: Are You Interested in BDSM?


Hi there,

My name is Thomas Briar. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to drop by the MuseItHOT Blog and visit with me. So, now that you're here, I'd like to ask you a question: are you interested in BDSM?

Please know upfront that I'm not referring to roleplaying BDSM where there is no palpable tension. And I'm definitely not talking about the kind where the supposed submissive tops the supposed dominant from the bottom. No, no. I'm talking about real BDSM where there's a real Dominant and real Submissive who are committed to each other.

Forgive me for being presumptuous but I'm pretty sure I know what thought just crossed your mind… real BDSM is kind of scary. Yes, it certainly can be. But then, I've found taking great risks to hopefully win great rewards is always a little frightening. I suppose it’s the uncertainty of 'what all could happen' that brings out the emotion.

Anyway, before I digress any further, let me tell you about this young woman I once knew. Her name was Lana Cross. She was a misfit floating on the sea of life, one of those unfortunate girls who could never get what she really wanted. Then one day, quite by accident, she met a guy by the name of Nick Navarro who offered to help her reinvent herself. And just like a sunflower thriving beneath warm rays of sunlight, she blossomed under his instruction. It's true…she really did.

In all honesty, it surprised me when they asked me to document their relationship. What I witnessed astounded me. It also caused me to question everything I thought I knew about healthy sexual relationships between consenting adults.

In retrospect, I've come to believe they were predestined to meet and then ascend into the lifestyle to discover what fueled their sexuality, what could kill it, and what would ultimately sustain it.

Yes…without sustenance a couple's sexuality will most certainly die.
Now, if reading about such a relationship interests you, then please take a look at Earning The Right And The Name.

But be forewarned, if you read the book it might alter your belief of what defines a loving BDSM relationship.

About The Author
Thomas Briar lives in South Georgia. He strives to exalt the virtues of love and lust in every erotic story he creates, but BDSM within alternative lifestyles is his absolute favorite subject to write about. This will probably always be so, no matter which sub-genre of erotica he finds his mind turning toward.

 Click Cover for more info

Excerpt:

"What in the fuck are you talking about?" Lana felt like she was talking to a crazy person. This man had to be crazy. He just had to be. Sane men didn't assume they'd be dating any one long enough to be fucking them into oblivion upon a happenstance, first meeting. Did they?

Nick Navarro let loose a long breath. "I'm talking about helping you remake yourself into who you really want to be. It's a very simple concept, really. People have been reinventing themselves for thousands of years, by their own hand or with the help of others."

"How could you possibly know what I want to become?" Though Lana's voice was filled with righteous indignation she had every intention of following this conversation to its conclusion. What Mr. Navarro had said earlier was true; she'd never met a man such as him. He exhibited enormous confidence in his words and demeanor, like he knew something about her no one else did.

"What is it that you want?" Nick Navarro made a pretension of musing. After an adequate pause he gave a grimace. "That's easy. You want what most every young woman wants, to know what it's like to feel beautiful and desired by many men. You don't necessarily want to fuck a lot of different men, you'd just like for them to want to fuck you."

"How can you know that?" Lana knew asking this question only admitted the validity of his statements. And yes, his words were certainly true. She did want exactly that since she had never experienced it in her twenty-one years of living. It wasn't fair she should go through life not knowing what it was like to at least once be the center of attention, turning every man's head in the room, giddy with the joy and confidence that came with knowing you were a genuine object of beauty and desire. It had to be the most exciting feeling in the world.


"I know what you want because I know you, whether you think I do or not," Mr. Navarro stated, staring Lana directly in the eyes, never for a moment backing down.

3 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Tom - nice post...thanks for sharing your thoughts on BDSM and also sharing your upcoming release - Earning the Right and the Name;)

Sounds like a spicy hot read for sure...and one I'd like to read. I'm sort of a newbie to this genre...have been reading it for a little over a year and find it fascinating...although I'd never partake *grins* But, a girl can always fantasize with fiction;)

Alix Richards said...

Nice post, Tom. :-) Looks like I have another book to add to my growing list.

Does make one wonder, doesn't? Do we know what we think we know?

Thomas Briar said...

Thanks Kay Dee, Alix!

I'm proud to say, Kay Dee, the book is already available in MuseItHOT Bookstore and other reputable vendors, published last November. As for participating in real BDSM...it isn't for everyone. But I think that's a positive thing. Ha! Ha!

And Alix, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Writing this book caused me to question a lot of things I thought I'd already figured out.