Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Naked Truth Interview: Get the Down and Dirty on Kat Holmes #MIHBlog #Erotic #Romance #Vampires

After a short hiatus, I am back with another chance to get to know one of our Muse It Hot authors a bit better. This week, I have finagled the fantastic, Kat Holmes into the hot seat. Let's see what new and exciting things we can learn about Kat this morning *grins*

Bex: I'll start with a few softballs to get things warmed up. When did you first start writing? What made you want to be a writer?

Kat: I began writing when I was a kid. I just enjoyed creating worlds in my head. As for writing professionally, I owe that to fellow author and dear fried N.J. Walters who encouraged and inspired me to try.

Bex: What inspired you to write Seeker? Is there an interesting story behind it?

Kat: Seeker is book two in my Hekate’s Web series. I knew when I wrote Hidden, the 1st book that Seeker would be next.

Bex: This is one of my favorite questions. Are you a pantser or a plotter?

Kat: Pantser. I don’t plot beyond basic info such as character names. And outlines and I are not on friendly terms. J

Bex: A girl after my own heart. Do you have any writing rituals or special processes you complete before sitting down to write?

Kat: Not really. I’m epileptic so it often comes down to when I am physically up to writing. I have periods where I crank stuff out and then there are stretches where my head just doesn’t let me focus on anything, least of all writing.

Bex: What authors inspire you?

Kat: N.J. Walters is numero uno. She is my writing goddess as well as a dear friend whom I cherish. Beyond that there are just too many to name.

Bex: If you could only write in one genre for the rest of your career, what genre would you choose? Why?

Kat: Oh god I could never limit myself. My muse would abandon me. J

Bex: Are any of your characters modeled after real people?  If so, which ones?

Kat: Yes and I am not telling. <grin>

Bex: What is the one thing about the book publishing process that has surprised you the most?

Kat: How much work the author has to do. People think once we write the book and its been contracted the rest of the work falls on the pub house but not so. A lot of promotion, marketing and editing is done by the author.

Bex: Tell us one thing it would surprise us to know about you?

Kat: I still watch cartoons even though I’m 37. I love Scooby Doo.

Bex: I am a Spongebob girl myself, but I am with you on the cartoons. What is next for you? Any new stories in the pipeline to tell us about?

Kat: I have the start of a new comedy fairy tale series in the hands of my publisher. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bex: Do you have any unique skills or talents? If so, what?

Kat: Um, not sure what you mean. I taught myself sign language when I was a kid. Does that count?

Bex: I would say that counts, sure! Tell us something about your current release we won’t find in the back cover blurb?

Kat: I can’t. It would spoil a major surprise. But I can give you one tidbit. A secondary character dies a really gruesome death.

Bex: oOo death.... very cool! And gruesome, too. Going to have to move this one up on my TBR list. Now, to a very serious question...If you were only allowed to eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Kat: Chocolate cake hands down.

Bex: If you were taken and placed on a deserted island, and were allowed one other human being to spend your life with you on that island, who would you choose?

Kat: My Mom. She’s my best friend in the whole world.

Bex: That is so sweet.... (odd segway, but) Zombies or Vampires? 

Kat: Vampires. They are just so sexy and of course Seeker is about vampires. J

Bex: What made you decide to write erotic romance?

Kat: Simple, I love romance and I think every romance should have hot stuff. If your significant other doesn’t flick your switch, so to speak, your relationship won’t last long. Let’s face it, sex is not the end all and be all of a relationship, but it still plays an important role.

Bex: What is the one material item you absolutely couldn’t live without if you were stranded on a deserted island?

Kat: Toilet paper. I am not into using a friendly leaf.

Bex: That may be about the best answer I have had to that question so far. Thanks so much for being such a sport and hanging out with me today.

Let's take a look at Kat's latest MuseItHot release, HIDDEN, the first book in Kat's Hekate's Web series.

HIDDEN
Hekate's Web #1
by Kat Holmes

Genre: Urban Fantasy Erotic Romance (Vampire Romance)

Publisher: MuseItHot Publishing

Blurb: Lilith never expected when she attended her brother’s wedding that the night would end in her own death at the hands of a vicious vampire. Nor was she prepared when the Goddess Hekate took a personal interest in her plight. For decades she’s been hidden away from the rest of the world and her fellow vampires. But with one act of violence, her undead life changes forever.

 War is raging in the vampire world between two factions. Female vampires are scarce, so when Benjamin Fortescu comes across an unknown female, he’s not only intrigued but drawn to the secretive creature.

 But she bears news that shocks him to his core. And before everything is over, she will be betray him to the enemy. Can love overcome both betrayal and insanity?

Buy Links:

And look for the follow-up to this tasty tale, SEEKER, due to release in November 2013!!


9 comments:

Kat Holmes said...

I really enjoyed this interview.:-) Thanks for having me.

R. Brennan said...

Anytime -- You had some great answers. :) Thanks for coming!

Heather said...

Great job - material things - toilet paper! Yup!
Heather G - Natasha's Dream

Lin said...

That's my girl, practical at all times...but she failed to tell you most of the TP ends up as confetti because Spatz attacks it with unquestioning vigor, :)

Victoria Roder said...

Kat,
Fun interview!

Elle said...

Lovely interview Kat.

Kat Holmes said...

Thanks everybody.:-)

Kay Dee Royal said...

Kat - I love learning about my friends like this...just a little more each time. You're special sweetie - Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Nice interview!