Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Naked Truth Interview with Erotic Author, R. Brennan #MuseItHotBlog


Yes, ladies and gents. It is indeed that time again. Welcome back and thanks for stopping in to check out this week's author interview. This week my guest is none other than.... ME! Yipee!! I know I am excited to see me, and I shall just assume you are as well. I know it may seem odd to interview yourself, but, at least I knew the questions going in. *grins*

Before we get to the actual interview, let's have a look at my most recent HOT release with MuseItUp Publishing, BLOOD AND FIRE.

Blood and Fire
by R. Brennan

Publisher: MuseItHOT Publishing

Genre: Erotic Horror (BDSM)

Blurb: College student, Francesca Morgan has finally met the Dominant man of her dreams. Kevin Stevenson is sexy, sure of himself, and knows just how to make her knees quake.
When he takes Frankie to her first fetish party, she is reminded being collared means her Master can do what he wishes with her, including offering her “services” for the evening to a Dominant business associate he is trying to impress.
It doesn’t take long for Frankie to realize their host, Bartholomew Andrews is nothing like any Dom she has ever served. Aside from his devastating looks and heaping financial fortune, Bartholomew can read her thoughts, and knows just how to make her body react.
Can Frankie keep her wits about her and serve at his feet without falling for him, or will Master Amazing steal both her heart and her soul in one steamy night of servitude?
BUY LINKS:

Now that I've whetted your appetites a bit, let's get to my riveting interview...
Are you a pantser or a plotter?

Most definitely a pantser. I have tried to do the organized thing and outline, but I can’t seem to get myself to do that on a regular basis. I think it stifles my creativity and I tend to lose interest in the story faster if I “know” what is going to happen already. If that makes sense…

Which of the characters in your current release is your favorite?

Absolutely Bartholomew Andrews. He is dark, sexy, and dominant. I mean, what’s not to like there?

Are any of your characters modeled after real people? If so, which ones? 

I have used some parts and characteristics of people I know as well as names of relatives in my stories, but I can’t say I have any exact copies in any of my stories. For example, Frankie is loosely based on a friend I have, but she isn’t an exact copy in any way, shape or form.

If allowed to keep only one book on your bookshelf, what would it be? 

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. By far my favorite book of all time. I grew up on it, and every time I read it, I flash back to being a small child. Any book that can do that is gold in my world.

What music was on your playlist while writing your story?

It changes depending on the story. For Blood and Fire, I listened to P!nk’s song, F’in Perfect -- as a matter of fact, the title of the story came from a line in the song.

 “Made a wrong turn once or twice. Dug my way out of Blood and Fire.” 

Morning person or grumpy bear?

SUCH a grumpy bear. I really do hate mornings…almost as much as I love sleeping *grins*

What group were you a part of in High School? Jocks? Nerds? Metal heads?

I was a fringer, really. I participated in a bunch of sports, so I guess I was considered a jock, but I didn’t hang with the popular kids. I had a small group of friends, most of which didn’t play any sports. So I spent time on the fields with the popular kids, we just didn’t “hang out” after the games.

What is next for you? Any new stories in the pipeline to tell us about?

Always something in the hopper. I have thought about writing a sequel to Blood and Fire. That may be the next story on my list of “to be written” stories.

Do you have any unique skills or talents?

I have a gift with computers. As a full time IT geek, it’s a nice talent to have. Not sure why -- but the machines tend to behave when I am around. Definitely makes the job a bit easier.

What is the oddest question you’ve been asked with respect to your book? 

If all my sex scenes are written from experience. I mean, sure, we all take from our own lives, but if my sex life was a quarter as exciting as the ones I write about, I would be one happy camper, and probably wouldn’t have time to write. *grins*

Coke or Pepsi? 

Coke over ice. Pepsi out of the bottle. Yes, I am an odd duck.

If I were to look in your closet right now, would I find frills and lace or denim and tees? 

I’m a casual girl all the way. Denim and Tees. I have a bit of lace and frills, but I don’t keep that stuff in the closet *wicked grin*

If you were only allowed to eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Goodness…that is a tough question. I think I would have to go with Cheesecake. I don’t think life would be as rosy without cheesecake…

Thanks for stopping by. And if yo have any questions for me you didn't see answered above, feel free to put them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them.

See you next week!

2 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

I have a great appreciation for odd ducks:) And still haven't read your erotic horror Blood and Fire, but it's burning up my kindle waiting for me to open it:)

Love learning about my Muse It Up Sistas...this was a great interview Bex:)

Hugs!

R. Brennan said...

:) Thanks.

Definitely tricky interviewing yourself, but it fits the odd theme nicely.