Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Naked Truth Interview: Getting Steamy with Kay Dee Royal and Savage Smoke #Erotic #Romance #PNR #MuseItHot


Happy Hump Day everyone. Glad to see you all back for another visit with one of Muse It Hot's fantastic authors. This week, I've put the screws to Kay Dee Royal, plus I get to share her new release, SAVAGE SMOKE with you all as well.

Let's get to it, shall we?

Kay Dee: Thanks so much for the interview, Rebecca, and for inviting me to take part in your Naked Truth day at MIH Blog:) 

Bex: Happy to have you. You one of my favorites here at Muse It Up.

Kay Dee: Hugs…and I’ll do my best to keep my responses short *grins*

Bex: Hey, I can get a bit long winded, especially when I get talking about writing, so no worries there. I'm really looking forward to your answers to some of these questions. *grins* What inspired you to write Savage Smoke? Is there an interesting story behind it?

Kay Dee: Book 1, Staring Into the Eyes of Chance started with a fifty-something year old friend who had lost her husband and she found out at the funeral about his philandering ways. This became a part of my heroine, Olivia…along with her natural gift to communicate with animals. My friend also had a natural way with wildlife.

As far as Savage Smoke – it carries on this initial story idea, plus continues on with Smoke, the rogue villain who insisted on living through the end for a chance at redemption when all I wanted to do was put his lights out;)


Bex: Mmmm... violence. Oh, sorry... Are you a pantser, like me, or a plotter?

Kay Dee: I’m more pantster than plotter…although I start with a line-up of events going from beginning to end, but those rarely stay the same throughout the story.


Bex: Do you have any writing rituals or special processes you complete before sitting down to write?

KD: I used to light a fragrant candle, get me a cup of tea, put on some spa type music and camp out…now I pretty much decide what room/chair I want to sit in for the day…and it’s rarely in my writing room (that’d be way too easy).


Bex: Which of the characters in your current release is your favorite? Why?

KD: Chance…he’s the Alpha leader of the Lycan International Investigation Agency, and well he totally stole my heart when he stole Olivia’s *smiles* He’s loyal to his pack, cares for their safety, wants justice in the way of the Elders (respects their ruling), and loves satisfying his mate…she’s pretty much the only being who can bring him to his knees.


Bex: If allowed to keep only one book on your bookshelf, what would it be?

KD: Oh my goodness…I’m a book whore, there’s no way I could survive with only one book on my shelf…well, unless it’s my kindle (because that’s got about 1,000 something books loaded on it). Could this count as one book?


Bex: Morning person or grumpy bear?

KD: I love getting up early…but then once in a while I stay up late for a couple nights in a row (but still get up early)…staying up late is as special as getting up early. It’s a mood thing I think:) But I can get a lot accomplished in the quiet of either time.


Bex: What is the one thing about the book publishing process that has surprised you the most?

KD: It’s got to be the aftermath – promoting and marketing the book. I’m still learning the best ways to do this…ever evolving. AND, I have a long way to go in this department.


Bex: Tell us one thing it would surprise us to know about you?

KD: I love to fish:)


Bex: What is next for you? Any new stories in the pipeline to tell us about?

KD: Working on a couple YA books under another name, one is fantasy and one is contemporary. Also a mid-grade sci-fi I want to polish. As Kay Dee, I’m getting Smoke –n- Bliss set up to start (book 3). There are a couple call-outs for short stories I’m working on as well.


Bex: Do you have any unique skills or talents? If so, what?

KD: I’ve dabbled in a number of things – jewelry making, greeting card creations, knitting and crocheting, gardening, ceramics, tole painting, but I don’t consider any of these unique or that I’m any more talented than the next guy or girl :)


Bex: Tell us something about your current release we won’t find in the back cover blurb?

KD: It contains a lot of sex – I mean, the whole Lycan species are stimulated and aroused by pretty much everything…their heightened senses have a lot to do with it – seems their natural instinct and they all roll with it;)


Bex: If I were to look in your closet right now, would I find frills and lace or demin and tees?

KD: Denim and Tees – it is pretty much my daily wardrobe.


Bex: If you were only allowed to eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?

KD: Crème Brulee

Bex: Excellent choice, Kay Dee, though I am still a sucker for cheesecake. Now that we've had a chance to get to know you, let's have a look at that sex-filled, steamy release of yours.


 Will Trevor rescue Lindsey in time to save her from shifting into Smoke’s pack, and will she even want saved?



 Savage Smoke – Book 2 Lycan International Investigation Series

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
  
Blurb: Chance and his LIIA pack of agents search for rogue Lycan mastermind, Smoke, kidnapper of Lindsey and fifteen other human women he plans to use for procreating his own army.

Trevor, Chance’s right-hand Lycan, wants his mate back, but believes she’s fallen for her captor. Lindsey loves Trevor but believes he’s given up on her.

Will Trevor come around in time to rescue Lindsey and save her from shifting into Smoke’s pack, and will she even want back with Trevor after spending so long apart?

Sizzling HOT! Warning: Lots of two-somes, three-somes, even more-somes, like it stimulating, arousing, and positively natural…or supernatural.



Kay Dee Royal Bio:
Kay Dee Royal writes paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary erotic romance—maybe because it's also her favorite genres to read! She pens tales with wild, rugged heroes and strong, intelligent heroines. She'll give them both a few shadowy secrets, making her stories intriguing and fun. She resides in Southern Michigan with her family (her dog, her cats, her caged husband... you get the idea). 

You can find the latest on her titles from her publisher, MuseItHot.


4 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Bex...loved chatting with you for this interview...BUT...wait 'til I have you at my place the end of this month *grins*

Looking forward to placing you under the microscope...so, be ready;)

Author H K Carlton said...

Fishing, huh. I was surprised by that. :D
Continued success with the LIIA Series.
Cheers,
H K

R. Brennan said...

Kay Dee:

I shall endeavor to prepare myself :)

The fishing answer surprised me too, and made Kay that much cooler :P

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi HK:) Hugs - to you, too, Bex:) Yea...how about that, fishing. Nothing like it...it's been a life long love as it began with my pops...he taught me everything, then I taught my DH...and he took off with it. Even tournament fished:)

Sometime I'll share my tournament story - how I beat my husband in the money:) LOL