Saturday, July 20, 2013

#MIH Blog - The Twists and Turns of OOOH-LA-LA - Kat Holmes




The Twists and Turns of
OOOH LA LA
By
Kat Holmes
Or
What Happens When Poseidon Gets Randy Handy?

OOOH LA LA is erotic shorthand for “play with my head first,” because if you turn me on there the skies the limit.

When I wrote book four in my Gods At Work Series, Crimson Waters, I wanted to make Poseidon more than JUST a sexy Greek god with powers up his…well…Wahoo.

The premise of my series is the gods aren’t living high off the hog any more because humans aren’t sidling up to the godly temples leaving all manner of glorious things for Zeus to dive his lazy butt into.

Zeus is really used to allowing others to do all the real work while he sits back and tosses the occasional lightning bolt around, just to remind one and all he’s still here and his power hasn’t faded despite the human’s chintzy offerings, but things ARE starting to get a tad serious.

The very LAST thing he wants is to actually don a working man’s cap…can you imagine the King of all gods wearing…{shudder} a hard hat? Or something even worse…{a welder’s mask}? No self-respecting King of all gods would EVER slip that low.

Luckily for Zeus he spent a lot of his immortality begetting tons of godlings he can farm out the dirty deeds to.  He decrees his children must mask their identities, (it wouldn’t do to let their lessers know the gods are {gulp} poor) and earn the dough Zeus needs to continue flinging off his well crafted lightning bolts when the urge hits, and keep his unruly Titans where they can’t interfere with any of his godly luxuriousness.

Poseidon isn’t really under his brother’s overbearing thumb, but he sees how much happier his family members are living and loving amongst the so-called “lessers.”

But being as powerful in HIS liquid domain as Zeus is in his ziggedy one—lightning bolts ARE ziggedy you know, I wanted Poseidon to be a gentler, wiser god, who’s learned from the millennia rather than one who’s just sat back and carelessly absorbed despotery, and I wanted him to have a passionate edge making him more than JUST drool worthy.

Okay, I know I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but hey, why not? Come a little closer. This is a secret so you have to promise me you’ll tell NO ONE!…Shhhh…okay…I THINK we’re alone…What Poseidon does with the ebbs and flows of his ocean foam is downright…decadent.  Of all the male gods I’ve covered in this series so far, what he and his pet, the mighty Kraken come up with, I think will ALWAYS be my favorite. Seriously…I’m STILL foaming in my libido and I wrote this story well over a year and a half ago!

Crimson Waters is Book Four in my Gods At Work Series, and what Poseidon puts into foreplay…well let me just say…Oh My, I want a Water God of my very own...Phew!

Crimson Waters…Muse It Up Buy Page   http://tinyurl.com/p6yew4u





Back Cover:
Poseidon, Lord of the Sea is shocked when his brother Zeus informs the gods that they are broke and will have to go out into the world of mortals to earn a living. Deciding to set up shop on the beach of New Jersey, he takes the mortal name Neil Waverly and starts up his own swim club and aquatic rehabilitation center. But when he hires a new housekeeper, he finds himself drawn to the beautiful and highly mysterious young woman.

Sonya Peterson is a woman on the run. The last thing she wants is to become involved with a man, even one as gorgeous as her new boss. But when he discovers her past and becomes determined to protect her, Sonya can’t help feeling her heart melt. But her past is fast catching up to her and it has deadly intentions.

Can Poseidon keep the woman he loves safe? Or, will the waters he loves and rules be stained crimson by a madman?

Excerpt:
Sonya placed the towels on their racks and smoothed them down. Turning, she bumped into the sink and accidentally knocked the soap off. Grumbling, she watched as it rolled down to the floor and behind the toilet. Naturally, things always fell in the places hardest to reach.

Sonya got down on her hands and knees in front of the toilet and stretched to feel for the soap. It took a moment of patting the ground blindly, but she eventually got her hands on the offending bar. “Aha there you are!”

“Well, this is an interesting sight.”

About Kat Holmes:
I’m a dreamer and a lover of words. Books have been my passion since I listened to my mother reading to me as a child. The love she instilled in me has culminated in my desire to write the kind of stories I have always loved to read. I believe books are the single most important invention mankind has ever created. I started writing when I was only fifteen for my own enjoyment. I still write for my own pleasure, but now I get to share that love with my readers.


My e-mail


My Gods At Work Series includes the Following Books:

1.)   Working Under Covers (A computer dating service is right up the alley for the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite, or is it? When women begin disappearing, all bets are off.)

2.)   Heart of the Queen (If you think you know the real Hera, you are SO wrong. The quiet Midwife is so much more than the small town she now calls home can begin to imagine.)

3.)   In death’s Arms. (Can Hades make a mortal woman forget the IMPUDENT god who already took more than just her trust?)

4.)   Crimson Waters (Poseidon knows how to make your water really ripple and your heart sing like a siren at sea.)

5.)   Dances at Dawn (Apollo swings to a song that may rock more than Mount Olympus to its foundAtion when he’s done.)


6.)    Under the Huntress Moon (There’s nothing about the outdoors Artemis doesn’t know…except how to protect the boy tugging on her heartstrings from the pain in his soul while another form of danger swirls around him she may have to reveal her true self to save him from.

8 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Kat;) I haven't read all of your Gods at Work series, but the stories I have are entertaining, compelling, and spicy hot with romance;)

Your post...too fun!Crimson Waves just went on my TBR list *grins* Gotta find out about those ebbs and flows of Poseidon's ocean foam!

Alix Richards said...

Another book to add to my list! Whoot! Whoot! I've been told I need to win the lotto in order to purchase the entire list. LOL And to think, we're Muse sisters. :-)

Love the post Kat! So looking forward to nabbing this up. Soon! ;-)

Kat Holmes said...

Thanks Kaye & Alix. This series holds a special place in my heart.:-)

Penny's Tales said...

Wow...I haven't read these God books. Apparently I need to get it in gear! The look pretty steamy - and the covers..shew!

Your site also is really good, Kat!

Kat Holmes said...

Thanks Penny.:-)

N.J.Walters said...

I love the premise for this series...gods and goddesses at work. :)

Kat Holmes said...

Thanks N.J. you are the best.:-)

Lin said...

As usual, I am late for the party. I have an excuse...not a very good one, but an excuse nonetheless...would you believe...I overslept...When did this go up? Okay maybe that isn't quite believable...Hmmmmmmm. How about we had a really bad storm and the electricity went Kaflooey? Probably won't believe that one either since Kat obviously had enough electricity to respond...okay, I'll confess...I FORGOT. BUT Kat you did a great job, and I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to read your work while it's a WIP and all I have to say is, it's a good thing I am not a typical mother who has a weak heart where her daughter's sizzling prose is concerned. Your writing is Hot, HOt, HOT!..and again, in all honesty, sometimes I have to peek between my fingers to get through what you write, but keep those heart murmurs of mine coming Girl.