Friday, June 21, 2013

Themed Days - Sexy Summer Reads - Erotic Horror around the campfire;)



Themed Days – Sexy Summer Read – Erotic Horror around the campfire - Could you imagine :) Talk about a scary story…more like really sexy. Check out our own R. Brennan’s Blood and Fire. Lookin' for one sexy hot horror story for the summer, look no further...


What I Look For in a Summer Read (R. Brennan)

Summer is fast approaching, and I don’t know about the rest of you, but summer for me means I catch up on my reading lists. Between beach days and weekends at camp lazing in the hammock, I gotta have plenty of reads to keep my mind occupied and keep me from getting bored while working on the killer tan.

When it comes to summer books, I look for a few specific things when filling up my beach bag with books, or loading up my Nook. The first biggie for me is the cover. I am an admitted cover whore, so I really need one that grabs me, a cover that beckons me from the shelves with that little whisper, “pick me”. In this regard, I’ve noticed I am drawn to striking covers that don’t have too much going on. Busy covers really turn me off. I guess that sort of makes me a cover minimalist.

The other biggie for me is a unique twist. Something I haven’t seen before, or a new twist on an old trope. This is where the back of the book comes in. If you can grab me with those few paragraphs of description, I am pretty much guaranteed to buy it.

Beyond those two characteristics, I am a sucker for any story with pirates, especially in the summer. I guess because it gets me thinking of the sea, the salty air, and the Caribbean. I also can’t turn my back on a good, steamy romance. Something to really get the blood pumping and the emotions flowing. I was weaned on historical romances, devouring anything I could find written by Jennifer Blake and Patricia Rice, so they also have a special place in my reader’s heart. I have some fond memories of vacations with my family, laying in the sun and reading. Happy times, I tell ya.

Speaking of steamy summer reads, have you checked out my dark erotica tale, Blood and Fire? It’s a hot one, if I do say so myself *wink*

How about you all? What do you look for in a summer read?





Blood and Fire

by R. Brennan

Genre: Erotic Horror

Back Cover:

College student, Francesca Morgan has finally met the Dominant man of her dreams. Kevin Stevenson is sexy, sure of himself, and knows just how to make her knees quake.

When he takes Frankie to her first fetish party, she is reminded being collared means her Master can do what he wishes with her, including offering her "services" for the evening to a sexy Dominant business associate he is trying to impress.

It doesn't take long for Frankie to realize their host, Bartholomew Andrews is nothing like any Dom she has ever served. Aside from his devastating looks and heaping financial fortune, Bartholomew can read her thoughts, and knows just how to make her body react.

Can Frankie keep her wits about her and serve at his feet without falling for him, or will Master Amazing steal her heart and her soul in one steamy night of servitude?





Excerpt: 

I fidgeted with my black lace garter for the third time in five minutes. No matter how much I toyed with it, the torturous material tickled my inner thighs until I resort to scratching like a flea-infested hound. Through sheer force of will, I stopped gouging at my leg, and with a quick twist and pull, adjusted my g-string, which attempted to crawl higher than any butt floss should go. Tweaking complete, I checked my appearance in the bathroom mirror.

The red satin teddy clung to hourglass curves and highlighted my green eyes, just as I’d hoped when picking it out. The bodice’s built-in push up bra did wonders for the little ladies—an added bonus. I swept a few unruly, blonde strands of hair from my face and took stock of the make-up situation. Rosy cheeks. Check. Black eye gunk. Check.

I inhaled through my nose, and with puffed cheeks, blew out through my mouth—a stress relief trick I learned watching daytime TV. But, the nervous tension remained knotted between my shoulder blades.

I guess it’s time to see if I have the balls to wear this getup in public.

Stiffening my bare shoulders, I turned away from the mirror and left the bathroom, stopping just short of barreling into Mallory.

“Jesus, Mal.” My hands found my silk clad hips. “You couldn’t wait in the living room? I told you I’d be out in a minute.”

“Sorry, but you’ve been in there for ages, Frankie.”

Holding my hands out to my sides, I turned in a circle. “Well? What do you think?”

The only woman on the planet I actually trusted appraised me from top to bottom. “Let me see your ass again.”

With a quick turnabout, I wiggled my bottom at her, and peeked over my shoulder to see if she approved.




Reviews

This is definitely not something for the faint of heart, but I enjoyed it a lot. Miss Brennan has a wicked mind! Ms Romantic Reads 4 lips

This is definitely not something for the faint of heart, but I enjoyed it a lot. Miss Brennan has a wicked mind!This was a short and not so sweet tale, which takes a very unexpected and refreshing turn midway through, thus the horror shelf tag. Brennan could have kept this story predictable, but didn't, and that makes this story all the more engaging.Amazon reader review

I loved the imagery in this story it was a quick satisfying read that lets us follow along inside the mind of a sub as her master takes control. I found the subs desire very enticing and would recommend this to anyone looking for a little horror in their sub dominant relationships. It is graphic at times and beautiful a great mix of the sensual and the scared out of your f#4#ing mind. Amazon reader review

A night out pushing past boundaries leaves this sub in a dangerous predicament. Be careful whose collar you strap on there could be hell to pay. I loved the imagery in this story it was a quick satisfying read that lets us follow along inside the mind of a sub as her master takes control. I found the subs desire very enticing and would recommend this to anyone looking for a little horror in their sub dominant relationships. It is graphic at times and beautiful a great mix of the sensual and the scared out of your f***ing mind. Amazon 5 star reader review



About the Author:

R. Brennan is the alter-ego of a single parent, reformed gaming addict, and full time IT geek living in the rolling hills of Upstate NY (You know, where it takes a ten minute drive to buy a gallon of milk and the scent of cows linger in the air). When not writing steamy stories, she enjoys spending time outdoors or travelling with her family.


5 comments:

R. Brennan said...

Because I am a lamer -- I didn't send my post about summer reads in time. Finished the sucker one whole minute before post time. (go figure)

Soooo -- decided I would post it here instead.

Sorry, everyone!!

What I Look For in a Summer Read
Summer is fast approaching, and I don’t know about the rest of you, but summer for me means I catch up on my reading lists. Between beach days and weekends at camp lazing in the hammock, I gotta have plenty of reads to keep my mind occupied and keep me from getting bored while working on the killer tan.
When it comes to summer books, I look for a few specific things when filling up my beach bag with books, or loading up my Nook. The first biggie for me is the cover. I am an admitted cover whore, so I really need one that grabs me, a cover that beckons me from the shelves with that little whisper, “pick me”. In this regard, I’ve noticed I am drawn to striking covers that don’t have too much going on. Busy covers really turn me off. I guess that sort of makes me a cover minimalist.
The other biggie for me is a unique twist. Something I haven’t seen before, or a new twist on an old trope. This is where the back of the book comes in. If you can grab me with those few paragraphs of description, I am pretty much guaranteed to buy it.
Beyond those two characteristics, I am a sucker for any story with pirates, especially in the summer. I guess because it gets me thinking of the sea, the salty air, and the Caribbean. I also can’t turn my back on a good, steamy romance. Something to really get the blood pumping and the emotions flowing. I was weaned on historical romances, devouring anything I could find written by Jennifer Blake and Patricia Rice, so they also have a special place in my reader’s heart. I have some fond memories of vacations with my family, laying in the sun and reading. Happy times, I tell ya.
Speaking of steamy summer reads, have you checked out my dark erotica tale, Blood and Fire? It’s a hot one, if I do say so myself *wink*
How about you all? What do you look for in a summer read?

Kay Dee Royal said...

R. Brennan - you make me smile, really big. Hugs!

It's going to be a while before I can read your book, but I already have it on my kindle - looks good...from someone who doesn't read horror - but throw erotic and romance in there and I'm willing and ready to read it:)

Thanks for sharing your take on sexy summer reads. When I was young I loved swashbucklers - now, I'm more of a paranormal girl, but the best have erotic romance:)

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

I got to apologize for the deletion...My dyslexic half-wit came out to scramble with my brain. So let me correct what it discombobulated. I'm a creature who's grabbed by the cover first...and your cover reached out, wrapped itself arounnd my eyeballs and wouldn't let go. Now all I need to do is find the time to find a hidey-hole where the kitties can't sniff me out and demand I drop everything and give them their just one-hour deep body rubs so I can get to it.BUT Loved your excerpt...so I may have to grab my pool mat hunker down over there in the pool ares where pets are NOT allowed for a bit and get it done.

R. Brennan said...

Hehehe -- thanks, Lin!