Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Naked Truth Interview with Thomas Briar, Author of In The Age of Hysteria #Erotic


Welcome back for another installment of Naked Truth Interviews, where we get down and dirty with your favorite Muse It Hot authors, and get a closer look at some of their fantastic work. This week, my guest is Thomas Briar, who brought along his newest release, The Age of Hysteria.

In the Age of Hysteria
by Thomas Briar

Genre:  Erotic Historical Fiction
Release Date:  June 28, 2013
Editor:  Lea Schizas
Cover Designer:  Marion Sipe

Back Cover: Dr. Joseph Banner, a twenty-two year old graduate of medical college, has a natural gift for treating hysteria, circa 1878. The only problem is none of his peers in Boston, Massachusetts will offer him an assistantship due to a supposed moral indiscretion on his part. Without obtaining an assistantship he cannot enter the medical field to build a reputation as a competent doctor. Or, so he believes.

 The beautiful and affluent Ms. Mary Pyre, a twenty-six year old businesswoman, has heard whispers of Joseph's proficiency in treating the disease. She seeks Joseph out and hires him as the attending physician at her Women's Health and Revitalizing Spa. Though Joseph and Mary are attracted to each other, unfortunate circumstances make them keep their romantic feelings for one another at arm's length. It is only when he learns she needs his expertise to overcome her chronic sexual impotence toward men that their relationship has an opportunity to move forward.

Buy Link

The Interview:

Bex: What inspired you to write In The Age Of Hysteria? Is there an interesting story behind it?
Thomas: I'm always seeking to come up with an erotic story that one cannot buy a hundred others just like it on Amazon. That was the real inspiration for the story. I just wanted to write something different. 

Bex: If you could only write in one genre for the rest of your career, what genre would you choose? 
Thomas: Are you kidding? Erotic Romance, of course! Why would I ever want to leave such an interesting genre?

Bex: Which of the characters in your current release is your favorite? 
Thomas: Joseph. He's intelligent and has an awesome set of sexual skills.

Bex: What music was on your playlist while writing your novella?
Thomas: Sirius Octane (New Hard Rock). My favorite bands are My Darkest Days and Five Finger Death Punch.

Bex: What is the one thing about the book publishing process that has surprised you the most?
Thomas: Lea Schizas. Before joining Muse I thought publishers like her existed only in theory. She's also my editor. Some days I find it hard to believe my good fortune.

Bex: Tell us one thing it would surprise us to know about you?
Thomas: I don't have any children. I suppose this is because for the past twenty years my wife has always been the most fun I've ever had! And I never intentionally mess up any fun thing.

Bex: Tell us something about your current release we won’t find in the back cover blurb?
Thomas: It has a happy ending.

Bex: What made you decide to write erotic romance?
Thomas: A woman in orgasm is the most beautiful thing in the world…in real life or in fiction. I have the best job ever!

Bex: What is your guilty indulgence?
Thomas: In my spare time I like to make costume jewelry for my wife. When life gets crazy, it brings me tranquility, not to mention praise from my wife…which suddenly reminds me…I haven't put anything on the Present Table for her to discover in over two weeks…she's going to start thinking I'm getting self-absorbed…sorry to cut this interview short, but I have something very important calling me away that I have to take care of right now. Thanks for having me over!

Bex: Sounds like your wife is one lucky girl. *grins*

* * * * *

Author's Bio: Thomas Briar lives in South Georgia. He strives to exalt the virtues of love and lust in every erotic story he creates, but BDSM within alternative lifestyles is his absolute favorite subject to write about. This will probably always be so, no matter which sub-genre of erotica he finds his mind turning toward.


1 comment:

Kay Dee Royal said...

I love what I've read...and look forward to reading Mr. Briar's book:)

Thanks so much for sharing it Bex:)

Nice to virtually meet you, Thomas:)