Saturday, June 15, 2013

Give Your Take on Summer Reads - Alix Richards Confesses...





Hi everyone, I’m MIH author Alix Richards and I have a confession. I’m a speed reader. Yup, sure am. I can zoom through a short read within an hour or less. If I truly enjoy what I’m reading it takes even less time. I tend to pick long books to (at least) give me a day’s worth of reading. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a good short, I do. I keep them for times I want to read, but don’t have hours available.

I have another confession, I LOVE hot steamy romances! *sigh* Yeah, a weakness of mine. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll read just about any genre (at least once), but my all time faves are ‘the steamier the better’ reads. As if we need any more heat during the summer, huh? *laugh*

Another admission, I’m not a ‘summer’ fan of other reads. Do you think it’s a seasonal thing, like reading holiday romances during the holidays? Whatever the reason when it’s summertime I tend to enjoy HOT titles that sizzle the blood as well as the temps.

My take on Summer Reads…I’d have to say I want to read those with the storms, the heat, the hurricanes, all of it I relish. Oh, plus the hot romance boiling between the hero and heroine! *grin* Give me a massive thunderstorm—no, not the tornado producers—with the flash of lightning and clap of thunder with erotic love scenes and I’m in heaven. My aunt said the reason I’m drawn to storms mixed with sex is because of the primal nature that is sex and love making. The uncontrollable animal instincts of male and female in that intimate moment. I do believe she was right. *chuckle*

Now, if I’m not really pressed for time I’ll take a leisurely stroll through one of my own. Yes, I admit to sitting down and rereading books I’ve written at times. Not sure why, maybe it’s still the ‘wow’ factor. You know that I wrote it, that it’s real and not a dream sort of deal. *shrugs* I’ll open Twin Flames: Soul Bound and take a walk through the beginnings of life between Jairo and Joy.

Here, take a peek and tell me what you think. Would you read their story?






Twin Flames: Soul Bound
Blurb:

In an effort to escape the reality that steps from the deepest recesses of her mind, Joy runs away for a long weekend alone in a friend’s cabin. She hopes to use the time to gain a logical perspective on an impossible situation.

Joy lives in her dreams, but no longer lives there alone.

Jairo needs Joy to be happy, even if it comes at his expense. Forced to remain patient, he walks away from the woman of his heart and soul. He confines himself to his family’s cabin to give Joy the time alone she requests.

Dreaming with Joy isn’t new, but waking with her physically in his arms, sexy and wet, kicks Jairo’s desire for her into a new stratosphere.

            Confusing dreams and unexplainable reality drops them into attack mode, neither quite ready for what destiny pushes their way. As nature and destiny collide for both, Joy and Jairo, nothing will be the same.
Buy links...



When fantasy and reality collide...

Twin Flames: Soul Bound now from Muse It Up Publishing http://tinyurl.com/98c4j9s

Twin Flames: Soul Memory now from Muse It Up Publishing http://tinyurl.com/b73cw6c


Author Bio:

First a storyteller, Alix Richards didn’t get around to recording her stories on paper until she was ten. The creative worlds grew with time and experience in her imagination. Finding her own ‘twin flame’ inspired her to look again at those worlds and characters she’d set aside when life demanded her full attention.

Between plotting, chatting writer friends off their balconies, love stories and meeting new people, Alix spends time with her family and friends, happy to share her real life with the ones who mean the most to her. She’s friendly, stubborn, and outspoken but still enjoys laughing and crying while reading a good book. She’s a romantic with a harsh realistic twist, because some things just don’t happen in everyday life. However, it doesn’t stop her from believing anything is possible.

Alix would love to hear from you, alixrichards.souls@gmail.com  Face Book; Twitter; Blog


5 comments:

Alix Richards said...

This turned out good. :-) If you can't tell, I'm horrible when it comes to talking about myself. *sigh* This was a wonderful Theme, Kay Dee. I LOVE summer time!

~Alix

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Alix - great post:) Thank you so much for contributing...and you cut yourself short...you are always interesting to talk to...I love our conversations:)

Storms are tense...and your books are filled with sensual tension (and storms;) Quite the combo for a sexy fix:)

I'm on my way to pick up breakfast...can I interest you anything? Mocha latte, breakfast bagel, green eggs and ham:)

Alix Richards said...

Thank you for saying that, Kay Dee. You're a good friend. I love our conversations too. :-)

Ohhh, mocha latte and breakfast bagel please? :-) I need caffeine and food to offset the tiredness of late nights writing and early mornings to start writing. LOL

Kay Dee Royal said...

Here ya go...a little late, but better late than never, right?

I hear ya on that early morning thing - although my early morning usually consists of promoting blog posts *smiles*

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, Alix:)

site angel said...

Hi, Alix! Great post.
Kelly