Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Introducing a New Author: Danielle Ravencraft

I'm usually punctual when it comes to blog posts. Usually. But on Monday, while everyone was introducing themselves, I was sitting in the optometrist's office with an infected abrasion in my left eye. Not fun. No idea how it happened, either. I'm convinced my eye thought it was a hilarious prank. Now that my eye is feeling better, here's my very late introduction. Better late than never, right?

My name is Jennifer. My last name is equally common. Thus, I write under the pseudonym, Danielle Ravencraft. I'm one of MuseItHOT's newest authors. My debut contemperary romance erotica, A Trace of Love, is scheduled for August 2011. There's no better feeling than knowing my work is under contract and looking forward to seeing the cover art and the finished product. Well, actually seeing the finished product might be a better feeling. :)

I was born in San Diago, CA but left when I was only four years old. I grew up in the Chicago area and developed what they call "thick blood", which means I'm no pansy when it comes to cold weather. Though I'm hopeful I'll move south someday and forget what it's like to have to wake up an extra thirty minutes early to locate and then dig out my car.

I absolutely love Chicago in the summer months, though. There's no other place I'd rather be than downtown with friends. I think you'll notice the influences of city life in my writing. My settings, for example, are almost always urban.

After graduating collage, circumstances led my moving to Wisconsin. It was just a hop and a skip over the boarder. No big deal, right? Wrong. My first year living in Wisconsin was a major culture shock. Time slowed, buildings were replaced with corn fields, and people became cows. Seriously. My neighbors are the Swiss Vally farm and the Oberwise Dairy farm. I've gotten used to being a small-town gal since then. I definitely don't miss the traffic ... unless there is a tractor driving in front of me. But in my opinion, I've been lucky to live in both worlds. It helps to have a more rounded view of the world, which in turn transitions to my characters. 

Writing, for me, began with a quote. "If there is a story out there you want to read, but isn't written yet, write it yourself." I've been an avid reader since childhood. I've also always been a daydreamer. But I didn't quite put two and two together until a few years ago. I wish I could remember who said that quote. It was the catalyst that finally got me to sit down and write a full manuscript.

Since then, I've joined several writing groups, attending a dozen workshops (even helped teach one), and have made a hobby of trying to figure out the best way to connect to readers. How am I doing so far?

As you can see by the length of this post, I can ramble on and on. So I'll wrap it up with a blurb for A Trace of Love and some links where you can find me. It was great meeting everyone. I'll be back on Monday with an other post, even if my eye falls out. :)


A Trace of Love
by Danielle Ravencraft

Ophelia has a chance encounter with internationally famous rock-star, Trace Curtis. They share one night together in which she falls in love with the charming Trace. But Ophelia doubts she is anything more than a groupie and sneaks out after he falls asleep. In truth, Trace falls in love with Ophelia. But can he find her in time to tell her?

4 comments:

Anastasia V. Pergakis said...

YAY Danielle! You made it my friend! I'm so happy for you. It's great to see you really digging into this new venture. I wish you all the success - then again, I know you'll make it big, so maybe I don't need to wish you luck ay?

Love ya!

J. D. Brown said...

No, no, keep sending the luck my way. Wouldn't want to run out. :P

Thanks, babe!

C.J. Ellisson said...

Congrats! This is the first important step to the rest of your career - kudos to you!

J. D. Brown said...

Thanks C.J.