Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello Everyone from Kay Dee Royal

Hello everyone and welcome to Muse It Hot Blog site. Our publisher, Lea Schizas, asked us to introduce ourselves and give a little background on why we write, what we’ve learned in our writing process, and maybe talk about our favorite genre.

I’m Kay Dee Royal. I write paranormal erotica romance. Since I began writing in my youth, fantasy and science fiction have been my preference, mostly because those have always been my favorites to read.

The first time I read a shifter book (werewolves), I developed an instant passion for the genre. Being taken into a reality that includes beings of supernatural abilities and strength gives me hours of entertainment. And once in a while I get really lucky and hold a piece of those characters with me for much longer than the story lasts. I read many different genres within romance, but paranormal and fantasy are my absolute favorites.

What I’ve learned along the writing process:  Knowing more about my characters before I start writing the story works better for me. I used to think my characters would develop themselves over the pages without my knowing ALL about them from the beginning. But, after taking a Paranormal Writing course where character development is so important (to have their abilities down, their motivations, drive, purpose) I came to a new understanding, characters flow onto the pages fuller and faster if I know them inside and out before writing my first line of a story.



My first paranormal erotica romance, Big Girls Don’t Cry Wolf, was released January 1, 2011.

My current work in progress is, Staring Into the Eyes of Chance, the first of the Lycan International Investigation Agency series.

Thanks for visiting Muse It Hot, and I hope you come back again soon.

Kay Dee

3 comments:

Emily Pikkasso said...

Hi Kay Dee
I love Big Girls Don't Cry Wolf and I can't wait to read your new book when it is finished. Great interview!
Emily

Marsha A. Moore said...

You really do need to know your characters before beginning, before even plotting the action. However, my characters often grow and mature in slightly unexpected ways as I write. I really enjoy that part of the process.

Lin said...

Sexy wolves, wolves in conflict, what more can any paranormal fan ask for...and no one gives us wolves better than KayDee.

You did GOOD Kay Dee