Monday, October 4, 2010

Bonella Gobbles Up Kat Holmes








BONELLA: Um…excuse me but was there a creative lapse at some point that you stared at your cat and came up with a name like KAT? Like, so original…NOT! What’s up with that?

KAT: Well considering I have TWO cats I think it is creative. Besides, they are nice and cuddly. You should get a cat.

BONELLA: I do and she's about to gobble you up whole. I want to hate you but a few of my creepy friends…

FANGS BUD: Like me me me me…she’s cute, can I have her? Can I taste her? Can I keep her?

BONELLA: opstay with the estionsquay before we get ootedbay, angfay. As I was saying, a few of my creepy friends, like Fangs here told me you’re into Greek Gods. Is that like a real passion or you just kissing as—

LEA: Not warning you again about your language!

BONELLA: There you go assuming the worse of me again. Kissing astral plains…woman has a severe case of jumping the gun. So, Miz Kats, why the interest in dead Gods?

KAT: Who said they’re dead? I wouldn’t want to be you if Hades found out you just called him dead. He rules the dead, and that means bone people too. Do you need the number for a good lawyer who specializes in angry Gods?

As for my love of Greek gods, yep I do love em. Not gonna deny it. I think it has to do with the fact that they aren’t perfect. They have flaws just like everyone else. Even you.

BONELLA: Excuse me but speak for yourself. I. Don't. Have. Flaws. Have you ever been bitten by a vampire? If not, have you fantasized about it?

KAT: Vampires. Now THAT’s a topic I love. No I’ve never been bitten but like most other hot-blooded women, sure I’ve fantasized about it. There is just something sexy about a tortured soul with fangs. And anyone who says otherwise is either lying or long dead themselves.

FANGS BUD: I’m dead, real dead, like nightly stalking vampire dead, so interested in a bit of night trips with me? I can show you a real good bloody time.

BONELLA: ealay is oingay to ootbay your…

LEA: out of here if you guys don’t keep it clean.

FANGS BUD: artypay ooperpay

BONELLA: Tell me about it. So, Holmes, people ever ask you if you’re related to that shmuck Sherlock Holmes? You know his crypt is right by my lane.

KAT: No but my Mom does get that a lot. And I have to agree with you on that part, though not the full on shmuck description. But I’m not a Sherlock Holmes fan myself. I prefer the mystery writings of Agatha Christie.

BONELLA: The chick on the Express Train, yeah, okay. Last question before you get booted…what’s the big deal with lighthouses? Geez, those lights give me a headache, round and round and round and round…

KAT: Don’t like lighthouses huh? I thought you’d love them since they have a rich history of paranormal activity, mysterious disappearances and murder. For instance I just learned about one lighthouse in Long Island Sound called Execution Rocks Lighthouse. It has a very brutal history. During the Revolution the British would chain rebels up to the rocks at low tide. When high tide came in the people drowned. And years later a serial killer would dump the bodies of his victims off its shores.

Now while I think such a macabre tale would interest you, and I credit a show called Ghost Adventures for the info on that lighthouse, I on the other hand just find them mysterious. I think has to do with the isolation of so many of them on rocky little islands coupled with stories of keepers disappearing. It just creates its own sense of mystery, suspense, and yes even romance.

BONELLA: Wish I could say it’s been fun…well, actually, you are into dead guys so you did brighten our monthly guest posting somewhat…

FANGS BUD: So you gonna go out with me for a…bite?

MUMMSY BITTER: FANGS BUD!! Just what do you think you’re doing?

BONELLA: Oh sh*&! Gotta run. Mummsy’s gonna crack someone’s fangs shortly.

8 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Good way to handle, Bonella and her buddies, Kat. Nice interview. I'm with you on the lighthouses. I love them. There's just something so romantic about them. Romantic and mysterious. Can't get better than that.

Kat said...

Thanks Roseanne. I had a major good time with Bonella and her buddies. That was the most fun interview I've done in a long time.:-)

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

Bonella needs to refresh herself...H2O depletion has made her cranky. Can't be collagen since you need, you know, FLESH for that.

Kat, think if we wrapped her all up in gauze, made her look like the Mummy and dropped her in the lake in Atison State Park she'd rejuvinate?

At the very least with that Red Cedar water, she wouldn't need those horrible rags she had on during her Ro interview. HShe needs to get Fang to bite her designer.

Think she'd know that cedar water will turn her red all the way down to her...well bones? She DOES like red after all.

Great interview Kat. You comported yourself well...now let me at her...insult MY dauguter will you...Oh you are in for it now!

Had to delete this and resend it...computers sometimes are pain in my flesh padded...

kate2world said...

Hey, Kat, cool repartee with Bonella and friends. The claws where unsheathed on all sides for a revealing interview.

Did Bonella give up her age as a contemporary of Sherlock? And did we hear some bones shaking through the apparent disdain for lighthouses ~ when Bonella realized she'd dissed Poseidon, who could drop a deluge or flood a crypt? Hmmmm

Once again, however, I think Bonella conducted a fun interview, drawing out the voice of a creative writer as well as information about a mysterious lighthouse (Kat).

And, Kat, why not invite her Buds for a visit to a lighthouse mysterious ~ imagine the rats and mice and other creepy crawly beasties they could feast upon, al fresco, and if they get out of hand, Thetis would wield a water-borne whip a-la-Lea to keep them honest.

Thanks to you both for the entertaining verbal riposte.

Write On!
Kate

Kat said...

Oh Kate you have no idea how much I am loving hearing you talk about the Gods. An absolute favorite topic of mine.:-)

As for the interview, this was so much fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Pat Dale said...

Wow, Kat! Looks like you dragged the whole darn gang out. Way to go!
Pat Dale

KayDee said...

You make me laugh - Bonella still scares me though.