Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Few Things About Kat Holmes




I love getting to know my readers and it is only fair my readers get to know me. So here are a few tidbits about Kat Holmes outside the writing.:-)




1: My first book with Muse is called The Lighthouse. I wrote this story because I LOVE lighthouses. I even collect little lighthouse statuettes.




2: My hero is my mom, another Muse author named L.J. Holmes. This woman is the most courageous person I know.




3: I have two cats who mean the world to me. I'm including pics. The white & gray cat is my baby. Her name is Pudge, The black cat with pink spots is Spatz. She's a total imp.




4: I ADORE Greek mythology. I have read every myth both popular and obscure that there is. I just can't get enough of them.




5: I still watch my favorite childhood cartoon, Scooby Doo.:-)




6: My favorite musical group is Celtic Woman. One day I am gonna see them perform live I swear it!




7: I stink at math. It's always been and probably always will be my worst subject.




8: If I could go anywhere on the planet I'd want to go to Scotland and Greece. Those are the two places I'd most like to visit.




9: I'm hooked on the Food Network. I love watching the shows on that channel.




10: My favorite movie ever is an oldie my Mom got me hooked on, Arsenic And Old Lace.




That's good enough I think. The Lighthouse will release from Muse It Hot on January 01, 2011. I am so excited. See you all soon.

7 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Interesting tidbits of info, Kat. I had completely forgotten about that movie. I loved it also. I also am fascinated with lighthouses. Something about them is so romantic and mysterious. I'm looking forward to your book.

Kat said...

Thanks Roseanne.:-)

Lin said...

There's something else your readers don't know...you have one of the most amazing minds I have ever been fortunate enough to interact with and I know you are going to give us LOTS of new stories to keep us actively entertained. No one can keep a good storyteller down. You never met your Great Grandmom, but Kat, you have inherited her abilities to weave, and share stories. Nonnie is sitting in Heaven beaming like the proud lady I know she'd be if she were still walking among us. Excellent job, Daughter-of-Min.

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

I've been fascinated with lighthouses but in the eerie aura they give off at night. That light flashing round and round always made me wonder as a kid if they were looking for dead folks or not floating on the water.

Kat said...

LOL Lea. That's why I made my story a ghost/murder mystery. It just seemed to fit the aura of the lighthouse.

Emily Pikkasso said...

Hey Kat, I love cats too. I have 6 and two barn cats. It's great to learn more about you, my dream trip is to cruise the Greek Islands, with a stop in Scotland, Ireland and SW England on the way home. (Here rich husband, here rich husband, over here boy...)

Kat said...

Gee I never knew that was how to get a rich guy to come calling. LOL