Monday, June 21, 2010

Ghosts, Murder & Plastic Surgery


Hi my name is Rachel Westmont and I'm the heroine in The Lighthouse. I'm a nice person. I grew up in California. Had a pretty ordinary life. That is until Kat Holmes decided to hijack me and put me in some of the worst situations ever.


First, my no good ex, a plastic surgeon no less, leaves me to marry some air-headed cheese puff. Then, my aunt dies and leaves me her little lighthouse on a tiny island off the coast of Maine. At first this seems like a godsend. I'd never known my aunt and though I am sorry she died, the inheritance came at the perfect time to get me away from bad memories. So at first, I was really happy about this.


But that quickly changes. Actually, it starts to change my very first night in my new home. Things keep falling off walls and the room keeps getting uncomfortably cold. As if that isn't bad enough I start to see dead bodies lying on the ground and then disappearing. I'm starting to think this place is haunted.


Okay, I can handle things moving and maybe seeing a body or two when I'm freaked out, but then someone tries to kill me. I mean, just how much can this sadist Kat Holmes keep throwing at me? I swear she's bloodthirsty. Don't believe me? Well you should because under her watch the body count will grow.


But, I give her credit for one thing. Into this mayhem she tosses one hot, sexy hunk into the mix. The local sheriff, Craig Lewis is a mouthwatering morsel. And he gets even more so when he goes into protective mode. But still, I have a creepy feeling crawling up my skin that things around here are going to end badly for someone. I just hope it's not me or the sheriff.


I won't know that however until January 01, 2011 when my tale The Lighthouse as told by Kat Holmes is released. I don't know if I can stand the suspense.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Thanks for sharing with us Rachel, but hey, you were really harsh about Kat. She's really a sweet, loving, caring person. She just needed to make sure you were never bored, and you have to admit, right from the very beginning of your story, boring is so not what she gave you. But I'm really glad you think the sheriff is hot after that jerk ex of yours. I'll let you in on a secret. Jerks like him do get their comeuppances, and it's usually more than enough to bring cheer and delight to your spirit.

For now, I'll again say thanks for telling us about you, and we'll see you again New Years Day 2011. What a great way to start 2011.

Kat said...

LOL

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

oh, ghosts and a good looking hunk. what more can a reader ask for?

Kat said...

How about a little murder and mayhem? It's all in there.:-)

Roseanne Dowell said...

I can't wait to read this. I love ghost stories, light houses, mysteries and especially hunks. This one has it all.

Kat said...

LOL yes it does. I loved writing this one.

Franny Armstrong said...

Great character blog Kat! You should be a writer. OH, you are! It was gripping and I can't wait to read it.

Hugs
Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl
www.paranovelgirls.com

Kat said...

Thanks Franny. You are the best.:-)